Master's degree programs in University College consist of 30-36 units of graduate-level course work including, in some cases, a 6-unit master's thesis or a 3-unit directed research project.

Normally, up to 6 units of related graduate-level study, with a grade of B or higher, may be transferred to a graduate program. All other course work must be taken at Washington University. Only courses taken for a letter grade may be applied to a graduate program of study. Courses taken as pass/fail or audit will not count toward a graduate program of study.* Grades below C- will not count toward a graduate degree program of study. Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 to be eligible to receive a graduate degree.

University College offers the following master's degrees. All degree programs are eligible for financial aid.

Master of Arts

Master of Science

* Note: University College students may apply a maximum of 6 units of P/F credit from graduate-level course work in the Olin Business School to a master's degree program in University College. The course work must be authorized by University College and the Graduate School, and the student must have received Pass or High Pass in the Olin School course. Courses with grades of Low Pass are not eligible. This policy applies only to courses completed on a P/F basis in the Olin Business School prior to a student's admission to a University College graduate program of study administered by University College and conferred by the Graduate School. Once admitted to a University College program of study, students who are authorized to take courses in the Olin School and apply them toward their program of study are required to convert P/F to letter grades at the time of registration.