The Master of Laws (LLM) in U.S. Law for Foreign Lawyers at Washington University is designed for law students who are interested in increasing their knowledge of United States or international law to more effectively practice in today's global legal environment. LLM students join a student body drawn from diverse legal cultures and learn from faculty who are experts in both United States and international law.
LLM students design their own curriculum to suit their own academic and career goals, either concentrating in specialized fields such as corporate or environmental law or selecting a general course of study to increase their breadth of U.S. and international legal knowledge. Earning the LLM in U.S. Law permits Washington University law graduates to sit for several states' bar examinations, including the New York State Bar Exam — the most popular bar among foreign lawyers.
This LLM program is an ideal environment for experienced attorneys and recent law graduates alike to pursue any of a number of significant professional and academic goals, such as:
- Gaining practical and theoretical knowledge of U.S. and international law.
- Developing expertise in a specialized field of law.
- Strengthening one's ability to represent clients who have business dealings in the U.S. or with U.S. companies and firms.
- Improving one's representation of American clients who conduct business abroad.
- Building an international network of professional contacts.
- Refining one's English skills and understanding of American culture.
|Phone:||314-935-3346; Fax: 314-935-7961|