Students seeking a bachelor's degree at University College can pursue a minor in one of 12 subjects.

Course work taken as part of the minor may fulfill distribution requirements or major requirements. Overlap between a minor and a major is allowed as long as there are at least 9 unique units in the minor. Only courses receiving a grade of C- or higher will be applied to the minor. In order to be awarded the minor, students must earn a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 in all courses taken toward the minor.

At least 9 units must be advanced-level course work (300 level or above), and at least 6 of the 9 units in advanced course work must be completed at University College. A maximum of 3 units of transfer credit may be applied to the minor.

A minor can be declared when a student has met with an academic adviser at University College and completed a Minor Application form before beginning the final semester of study toward a Bachelor of Science.

Minors are offered in the following subjects:

  • Anthropology
  • Communications
  • Economics
  • English
  • Global Leadership and Management
  • Health Care
  • History
  • Industrial and Organizational Psychology
  • International Studies
  • Mathematics
  • Political Science
  • Psychological & Brain Sciences