WashU Olin’s Online MBA (OMBA) program focuses on the analysis of business problems and the development of solutions to these problems through the lens of a world in which digital technologies are ingrained in every element of the organization and in which customers have come to expect microservice tailoring of a company’s offering. Although the curriculum shares the same conceptual and theoretical grounding as WashU Olin's MBA, the examples used and the problems given emphasize companies that are trying to become more digitally engaged as well as digitally mature companies that need to constantly upgrade their competencies, develop new products and services, and exploit the growing volume of data and computing power available to them.
The program consists of 54 credits. The first five terms of the program comprise core course work. Students then shift into completing mostly elective course work.
In the months leading up to the start of the program, students have the opportunity to jump-start their learning by completing several optional online preparatory courses available through our partnership with LinkedIn Learning.
Visit Olin's Graduate Programs site for detailed information about this program and its course offerings.
- Teamwork and Leading Organizations (3 credits)
- Strategic Decision Making with Data Analytics (3 credits)
- Digital Impact Project (3 credits spread over 3 semesters)
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- Values Based/Data-Driven Decision Making (3 credits)
- Communications in Digital Spaces (3 credits spread over 3 semesters)
- Accounting (3 credits)
- Economics for Tomorrow's C-Suite (3 credits)
- Finance (3 credits)
- Marketing (3 credits)
- Business, Government, and Society in a Digital Era (3 credits)
- Operations (3 credits)
- Electives (18 credits)