Exam Expectations for Faculty
—This information applies to Legacy Curriculum students.—
- Exams should be proctored by the course director or a designee appointed by the course director comfortable with proctoring and exam administration guidelines. NBME subject exams are proctored by or coordinated by the Office of Student Affairs.
- Administration should be fair to all students.
- If the faculty member answers a substantive question or clarifies an issue, the same should be communicated to all students, including those in separate rooms or at different times.
- Reasonable adjustments should be offered to students who require special accommodations, including a separate testing room or additional time. Course directors are notified of these students through the associate dean for student affairs.
- If a student behaves inappropriately, the course director should notify the associate dean for student affairs immediately.
- All requirements of students should be communicated to all students prior to the start of the exam.