Designed to prepare students to succeed in the leadership and administration of nonprofit organizations, the Advanced Certificate in Nonprofit Management is intended for practicing managers and leaders in a broad range of human service, cultural, educational, religious and community organizations and for those who wish to prepare for professional advancement. The curriculum provides a theoretical and practical examination of the governance of nonprofit organizations, the management of volunteers and professionals, marketing, resource development and fundraising, strategic planning, program evaluation, financial oversight, and the social and political context of the nonprofit sector. All classes are offered during late afternoon or evening hours, online, and on weekends for the convenience of working adult students.
The curriculum covers all aspects of nonprofit administration and management:
- Leading and managing nonprofit organizations and interacting with boards of directors
- Supervising volunteers and professionals
- Fundraising and resource development
- Quantitative and qualitative program evaluation
- Financial management
- Planning and decision making
- Social, economic and political trends affecting the nonprofit sector
This certificate is available as a fully online or in-classroom certificate.