Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business
Washington University's Olin Business School is one of the nation's leading research institutions, with a faculty whose research productivity consistently ranks among the highest in the business school community. Olin faculty members are recognized the world over for their important contributions to the creation of new knowledge, and they take great pride in their commitment to excellence in teaching.
Olin PhD students are guided by highly productive researchers who are among the nation's top scholars. Faculty work closely with students to help them hone their research skills, often building one-on-one mentoring relationships that include the co-authoring of research papers.
The development of strong problem-solving skills equips students to strategically address complex, unstructured business issues that result in innovative thinking and new ideas for research that have value to the academic community and application in the business world.
Olin's PhD program in business provides the following:
- A challenging core curriculum and a strong background in basic disciplines
- An emphasis on collaborative relationships between faculty and students, which enhances the educational process and the search for the student's first faculty appointment
- Personalized advising for the successful completion of PhD program requirements and for a customized course of study that fits the student's particular area of interest
- A collegial network built on mutual respect and a shared school of thought
- A competitive edge in the business education market