Washington University School of Medicine will lead in advancing human health through the best clinical care, innovative research, and education of tomorrow’s leaders in biomedicine in a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, critical thinking and creativity.
In leading the advancement of human health, Washington University School of Medicine will do the following:
- Cultivate excellence and collegiality within an inclusive community
- Attract and develop a diverse, talented, academic workforce
- Lead the revolution in biomedicine
- Enhance our intellectual and technological environment to foster exceptionally creative research and education
- Develop and maintain excellent clinical programs to provide outstanding care
- Observe the highest standards of ethics, integrity and compassionate care
- Apply advances in research and medicine to the betterment of the human condition locally and globally
The School of Medicine mission and vision were approved by the Executive Faculty at their September 4, 2013, meeting.