The Two-Year Master of Laws (LLM) for Foreign Lawyers at Washington University is designed for law students with outstanding academic and professional achievements who have not yet reached a sufficient level of English language proficiency to get the full benefits of studying at an American law school.
Two-Year LLM students will have an entire year of studies with intensive support in legal English combined with concentrated exposure to regular law classes and immersion in the local legal community. This enhanced preparation will help students enter their second year of studies with a solid foundation in and a good understanding of the academic and linguistic requirements of an LLM program.
Earning the LLM in U.S. Law permits Washington University law graduates to sit for several states' bar examinations, including the New York State Bar Exam, which is the most popular bar among foreign lawyers.
This LLM program is an ideal environment for experienced attorneys and recent law graduates alike to pursue any number of significant professional and academic goals, such as the following:
- Gaining practical and theoretical knowledge of U.S. and international law
- Developing expertise in a specialized field of law
- Strengthening one's ability to represent clients who have business dealings in the United States or with U.S. companies and firms
- Improving one's representation of American clients who conduct business abroad
- Building an international network of professional contacts
- Refining one's English skills and understanding of American culture
|Phone:||314-935-3346; Fax: 314-935-7961|