Master of Social Work
Our program has trained our graduates for work across an incredible breadth of professional positions in more than 50 countries around the globe. Our customizable curriculum allows students to design their own course of study tailored to the type of work that they will do and the communities with which they will work.
Students have remarkable flexibility to shape their MSW experience at the Brown School. Our curriculum is structured to ensure that students will be prepared to make a positive impact in their field of choice. To this end, students are able to do the following:
- Choose from several concentrations or declare their own individualized concentration. Within their concentration, students also have flexibility in choosing their specific courses.
- Add an optional specialization to increase their skills.
- Broaden their knowledge with a certificate or a joint or dual degree.
Students can also tailor their experiences beyond the classroom:
- Choose from more than 300 MSW practicum sites locally, nationally and internationally.
- Conduct research with our renowned faculty.
- Develop their skills internationally through a practicum or research assistantship.
- Join some of the Brown School's student groups that raise awareness and advocate for social change.